Thursday, June 6, 2013

Stillness in the Lord...

"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10 This scripture is ever present in my life. I can't tell you how many times this scripture has "somehow" (we all know how...or should I say "Who") been placed before me. Nearly every question that I ask of the Lord can be answered with this scripture...
  • Lord, I am not comfortable with this circumstance. How long will it be like this?
  • Lord, why do I feel like things just aren't the way they should be?
  • Lord, I need to make some changes, what would You have me to do?
  • Lord, I don't know what to do in this situation. Will You help me?
All to be answered with..."Be still and know that I AM God."

No one likes to sit and wait. Everything in life is rush, rush, rush...but I am being continually reminded that when God says "I AM"...that means HE IS! And you just don't question it. God is in control, and when the weight of the world rests squarely on my shoulders, I have only to remember this promise, that He IS God and I am to BE STILL and trust Him for His plan to reveal itself to Me in His perfect time.

My heart has received much healing from the Lord as I have ministered to women I know, and some that I don't know, that have become widows. We share a common bond that not many (thankfully) women share. But as I get older, it is happening more and more. I believe the Lord has gifted me with a heart of mercy so that, as I have grieved the loss of my husband, I might be able to comfort other widows with the Lord's comfort that I have received for myself. I know for a fact that the Lord is using my testimony to speak to other women who have suffered this loss so that they can see that it is possible to survive, and thrive, after such a deep wound has been opened in their hearts. God is faithful to bind those wounds! 


The death of a husband is just about the ultimate test of true faith and belief in Jesus Christ. With the one we love in heaven, it’s difficult to keep our focus here on earth. We already have one foot in heaven so-to-speak, but we...the widow...are called by God to remain here and show people His power and glory through our faith in our circumstances…ALL circumstances...even this most painful season.

 God’s objective is not to make us all happy; but rather to fulfill HIS purposes.
·       His purposes are what bring Him glory.
·       His power is displayed through our weakness.
·       It is our perseverance that accomplishes both of these objectives.

No matter how difficult it might be, there comes a season in which we have to BE STILL so that we can hear the voice of the Lord speak and know how to move forward...and also so we don't get ahead of Him and HIS work! And in every one of our circumstances that we are called to go through, we are to recognize that HE IS GOD and act accordingly. Yield to Him for the circumstances that have been allowed to come to us. He is faithful to lead us through them as we trust Him to guide our steps.

Lord, my life is Yours! I wait on You. Use my life to glorify You. I desire to shine Your light for others to see. I pray that others will see beyond Me and see only You and Your work! In Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment